Once you have created a new report template you will then have to upload the new report. This is a continuation of my last post on how to modify an existing report.
Once you have the new .ecsfr package:
- Log back into Documentum with an admin account
- Go to Project Admin > Project Configs > Reports > Templates
- Select File > import report template
- Select the new report .ecsfr file
- The type should be ECS Report
- Format: ECSF Report Package
- Once it is created then go to the types folder under reports
- In this example we modified the Master Document Reports. Right click the Report type and select properties
- Under templates select the edit link
- Search for the name of new report you just uploaded
- Add it to the list and select ok
- Now you report is ready to be created.
- Go to your reports folder in your cabinet.
- Select file > new report
- Create a new, and select the report type we just added the new report under
- The report template should show the new report you just uploaded. Select next and edit all the properties you wish to add
- Run report
- If you get an error when running the report there is an issue with the modifications you made to the report.
- Check the source code of the report and make sure the query gives the values you are trying to output.
- Make sure the layout is correct and the report doesnt use any values that are not available
When trying to access the web front end for Documentum you might get the following error.
[DFC_DOCBROKER_REQUEST_FAILED] Request to Docbroker “ContentServerName:1489” failed
Typically this means that the appserver has lost the connection with the content server. You can check the content server Log files to see the errors.
- Check the all the services are running without any issues.
- Check that the content server logs for any errors.
- Restart both servers.
When loading a document within Documentum EPFM you might come across the following error:
No Content File can be found using the path in the cell
There can be a few errors occurring here…
The file is missing or path is incorrect:
- Check that the file you are trying to upload is in the correct location that the content cell is pointing to.
Documentum cannot connect to the file server where you have the files located at:
- Check that the application server can access the file server. (not sure what the file server is? See next option)
- Ensure you can access both ways.
- Ensure that you have the correct permissions when connecting to the server
I need to view or change the content location:
The content location is set in the RCF-schema file. It can be found in the <content_location> tags.
- Export and edit your RCF-Schema file. Search for the content_location tag.
- View/edit the server that is listed in the tag. (note that the path is case sensitive)
- If you edit the file make sure and set the lifecycle to Active
- Map the file server to your appserver.
- If you appserver is Linux make sure that once you mount the cifs share you are able to browse the directory.
- If you edited the RCF file be sure and re-read the rcf-configuration
- You can do this in EPFM > tools > Re-read RCF Configuration
After a server reboot your searches might not work and/or you might receive an error:
xPlore Watchdog Service failed to ping application IndexAgent. Instance: XPLORE_9200_IndexAgent Cause:http://XPLORE:9200/IndexAgent is not reachable. Connection refused: connect
- First check that the xplore index server is running.
- Make sure the services are running on the server:
- Documentum Indexagent
- Documentum xPlore PrimaryDsearch
- Documentum xPlore Watchdog -C xPlore
- Then make sure that the agent is running in DA
- Log into DA
- Expand Indexing Management
- Select Index Agents and Index Server
- Right click the index server and select start agent
When trying to edit the RCF file in EPFM Documentum you might encounter the following error:
RCF config file not parsed
You will get this error if you try to edit and check out the RCF-schema config file using the system notepad.
In order to get all the correct values and avoid the parsing error first export the file and then make your modifications using a Composer, or a source code editor like Notepad++.
Then you can upload the new RCF-schema file and demote the older RCF-schema config file.